Mac Build Overview
Mac Build Requirements¶
The complete requirements for building Loop with a Mac are given in the next two sections. The first list contains the common requirements that are the same regardless of build method. The second list contains the additional requirements for building with a Mac and Xcode.
Each requirement in the list is linked to the LoopDocs pages with more information.
- Compatible iPhone/iPod Touch
- Compatible Pump
- Compatible CGM
- RileyLink Compatible Device (not needed for Omnipod DASH)
- Apple Developer Membership (not needed if you rebuild weekly)
Mac Build Additional Requirements¶
If building to a Simulator to try things out, the only requirements are a computer and Xcode.
Getting Ready to Build¶
Review the Common Requirements pages, listed above.
Then review the Build pages for the method you have chosen. Read the top three boxes on each page: icons for those boxes are displayed below for reference. On a desktop, you can use
n for next and
p for previous.
Next, read pages completely and skim Oh dear! Build errors?. Most of the mistakes you can make when building with Xcode and a Mac have already been made. The Build Errors page shows how to fix them.
When you are ready to proceed, complete the tasks on each page. You can do one a day, take a week per page or blaze through them quickly. Just be sure to read carefully and if you are confused - reach out for help: How to Find Help.
What if I get stuck?¶
- Scroll back in the directions and see if you missed a paragraph or step.
- Compare your screen's display with the graphics in the step. Is something different or does yours have an error message? If you have an error message, does it guide you to the problem and solution?
- If you are still stumped - reach out for help: How to Find Help.